Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa is always looking for great new team members who can add value to our operation. As an employer of Choice and one where we like to develop our staff for the future. If you would like to be considered for any opportunities that may become available now or in the future. Please fill out the attached form. We look forward to hearing from you.
Current Employment Opportunities
Hospitality Manager - Bendigo
Balgownie Estate stands amongst the region's leading winemakers, producing award winning wines.
We are looking to employ an energetic and enthusiastic person to join our close-knit cellar door team.
Reporting to the Directors, the duties of this hands-on role are wide and varied, but will focus predominantly on Cellar Door Sales & Customer Service, Accommodation (2 Suites) & Cafe. The position is on a full-time basis.
- Day to Day Management of Cellar Door, 2 Suite Accommodation & Cafe
- Responsible for the administration, budgeting and basic accounts of the above.
- Setting and Achieving Sales and Customer Service KPI's for the Business.
- Manage the Business as if its your own. Leading from the front, over achieving and being driven by success.
- Represent the Business both locally and off site where required.
- Develop and Maintain existing relationships with key stakeholders, tourist bodies, government etc. Source and develop new relationships that will assist in growing the business.
- Train a team of personality driven individuals to assist in Making Balgownie Estate Bendigo a product of choice. Appealing to the Victorian Drive Market.
- Work closely with the Cellar Door Manager Yarra Valley in developing co-operative marketing to ensure mass exposure.
- Drive the promotion of Bendigo in Line with the Cellar Door Manager of Yarra Valley in all media outlets, particularly the updating of Social Media and Relevant Website Content.
Do you have the following
Well presented, extremely organised and experienced Manager.
Is an Excellent Communicator, Natural Leader as well as Team player.
Loves to be Hands on whilst managing from the front.
Direct Selling to Customers.
Proven Skills in Selling Wine and exceeding Budgeted Targets.
Customer service skills essential.
Copes well under pressure.
Wine Knowledge & Wine Industry Experience.
Experience in Small Accommodation an advantage.
Experience in Operating small to medium sized cafes where quality of product and service are the key focus.
You will see Weekends, Public Holidays and Major Event Days are all main revenue generators and that leadership during these periods is key to the success of the department.
RSA & Food Handling Certificate required. Or willing to obtain one prior to commencement.
* Current Manager will be available for a transition period hand over.
Balgownie Estate is currently seeking experienced Chefs who are motivated and able to deliver the exceptional quality that Balgownie Estate is renowned for.
To be successful in this role, you will have proven experience as a Chef, in both a la carte and conferencing / events preparation.
What you need:
- To be 18 years or over
- Previous experience as a Chef at Minimum Cert 3 Level.
- A passion to grow
- Flexible working attitude
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to gain qualifications while you work.
- Grow as a Chef
- Award rates Apply - (Hospitality Industry General Award 2010)
- Advancement in your career through hard work and willingness to get the job done in a growing business.
If career development and the chance to expand your culinary experience is what you're looking for than this opportunity should not be overlooked! Ideal candidates will have full eligible working rights in Australia, however, 457 Applicants can apply.
If this sounds like you then please don't hesitate to send your CV through via the form above, or alternatively for a confidential discussion please call "Graham" on "97300772".