Welcome to the Balgownie Estate
Winner 2018 Resort Style Accommodation for 2018
Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa won the TAA award for the best Resort Style Accommodation for the third year in a row!
A special thanks to our team, guests & clients who contribute a great deal towards our success.
Winner 2017 Resort Style Accommodation of the Year
Winner 2015 Best Regional Accommodation
- Winner 2017 Resort Style Accommodation of the Year
- TAA 2016 Accommodation Awards of Excellence
- Winner 2016 Resort Style Accommodation of the Year
- Finalist 2016 Regional Restaurant of the Year – Raes Restaurant
- Finalist 2016 Best Environmental and Energy Efficiency Practice
- Winner 2015 Best Regional Accommodation Victoria
- Finalist 2015 Best Regional Hotel Restaurant – Raes Restaurant
Balgownie Estate Experience
Boutique First Class Resort – In the heart of the Yarra Valley
Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa is ideally situated in the heart of the Yarra Valley set amongst the vines with magical views providing the perfect backdrop to any occasion.
A Luxury Resort boasting superbly appointed contemporary guest suites, a purpose-built conference center with executive boardrooms, Rae’s Restaurant, Cellar Door, Natskin Spa Retreat and Health Club.
Less than an one hour’s drive or approximately 60 km from Melbourne’s CBD and the airport. Balgownie Estate is located in the heart of the Yarra Valley, set amongst the undulating green landscape on 30 hectares surrounded by vineyards and breathtakingly beautiful views which are accentuated by the striking geometry of corridors of grape vines. Balgownie Estate is the benchmark for your Yarra Valley Resort stay with the following facilities available for your enjoyment.
- 70 guest rooms
- With a capacity of 144 guests
- including 15 Standard rooms
- 54 One Bedroom Spa Suites and 1 Two Bedroom Directors Suite
- 24hr reception
- Complimentary internet
- Rae’s Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner year round
- Wine & Cocktail bar
- Wine tasting at our Cellar Door
- Complimentary access to Health Club (Indoor heated swimming pool, steam room and gym equipment).
- Natskin Spa Retreat
- Leisure facilities including onsite activity provider, tennis court, giant chess set and segway activity trail.
- 4 purpose built conference venue with a maximum capacity of 96 cabaret, 120 banquet or 320 cocktail
- Marquee for stunning ceremonies
- 2 Boardroom meeting rooms for Executive getaway
Our 4.5 star accommodation comprising of 70 spacious and sophisticated guest suites and rooms. All accommodation rooms are elegantly appointed with soft furnishings, muted colour ways and subtle mood lighting. Our renowned One Bedroom Spa suites offer guests the ultimate indulgence including a separate bedroom with king size bed, large spa bathroom, kitchenette and dining table with a private balcony to sweep up the magnificent vista of the valley. Two Bedroom Apartments offer two bedrooms, large kitchenette and two bathrooms.
Tantalize your taste buds with an unforgettable dining experience at award winning Rae’s Restaurant, where our team of chefs proudly incorporate the best of local produce from the Valley. Now offering diners a choice of an exclusive private dining room, degustation menu or alfresco dining on our deck overlooking our Pinot Noir Vines.
With the first vines planted in 1969 at our Bendigo Estate site, our vines have enjoyed a long history of producing some wonderful reds and in more recent times expanding into our whites and sparkling wines. Whether you are after a casual tasting or looking for something more structured you will enjoy a variety of our world class wines at Cellar Door.
In need of a little indulgence? Disappear into the gorgeous Natskin Spa Retreat for a little ‘me time’. Natskin offer private rooms and duo-suites; massage, body and water therapies; facials, nail care and personal grooming. The ultimate in relaxation and wellbeing Natskin offer treatment packages for groups, individuals and couples; a truly indulgent and unforgettable experience and just a short stroll from your accommodation room. Bliss!
Meet and Experience
Balgownie Estate is a perfect venue for meetings and special events, featuring a purpose built state of the art conference centre and executive Boardrooms. Encompassing floor to ceiling windows, the views make for an outstanding backdrop for tailored meetings and events. Melba and Anderson rooms offer a private balcony for interactive tea and coffee breaks and pre-and post-lunch and dinner drinks.