20 Minutes drive from Balgownie Estate
Badger Creek Road
Healesville VIC 3777
Phone: 03 5957 2800
Explore a bushland haven for Australian wildlife at Healesville Sanctuary, just one hour from Melbourne in the stunning Yarra Valley.
Wander through the tranquil tracks and meet some iconic Australian animals like Koalas, Kangaroos, Platypus, Dingoes, Wombats and Emus.
Healesville Sanctuary is also home to the Australian Wildlife Centre, a hospital which treats more than 2000 sick and injured native animals every year and is an important training centre for wildlife veterinarians.
Don’t forget! Kids are free every weekend, public holiday and every day of Victorian School Holidays.
- Spirits of the Sky, be awed by parrots as they light up the sky and birds of prey as they feed on the wing.
- Tales from Platypus Creek, the only platypus show in the world will show you the Platypus’ playful nature, laugh as they roll, dive and tumble in their tank.
- Land of Parrots, pick up a nectar tray and be amazed as our friendly parrots land on your arm to feed
- Keeper Talks, every day our keepers explain to visitors their relationships with our animals and how they care for our furry, fluffy and even scaly friends. Times and locations can be found on our map.
- Australian Wildlife Health Centre, be inspired by our vet team as they talk to guests about the work they do to save wildlife as well as care for all the animals at Healesville Sanctuary.
- Fighting Extinction HQ: Kids, pick up your mission at Fighting Extinction HQ and set out to play your part in fighting extinction!
- Magic Moments, a close up encounter to get up close and have your photo taken with an amazing Australian Animal. Koalas, Kangaroos, Emus, Dingoes and even our Pythons are waiting to meet you.
- Wombat Pat and Play, where you can touch, pat and feed, and even pose for a photo with our friendly Wombats.
- Wade with the Platypus, dive in for a hands-on experience in our Platypus Play Pool.
- Sanctuary Harvest Café: delight in locally sourced, delicious, fresh options at Sanctuary Harvest café.